FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We hope this section answers all of your questions about preparing for your trip. Should your inquiry not be answered here, please feel free to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
Reservations, Bookings and Payments
How do I make a reservation?
Our wide selection of excursions allows you to find the right tour for you. Select the tours you’d like to purchase and add them to your cart. Your excursion details will be emailed to you. You can print and present it on the day of the tour.
Is it possible to make a reservation once in Punta Cana?
Booking is possible once you reach Punta Cana, however we strongly suggest that you reserve your excursions in advance.
What is the price of excursions for kids?
Kids 13 years old and above will pay the regular price. Children 3-12 years old are charged half-price.
*All excursions that kids are allowed should be accompanied by one supervising adult.
Do you have group prices?
Yes, we do. We offer a group discount if you have 12 or more people on the same tour. Send us an email with information on your group and we’ll be in touch for great deals.
Are there any extra fees that I will have to pay on top of the listed price?
No, we do not charge any booking fees or additional fees that would add to the cost of the tour unless listed on our website. (i.e if your hotel/resort is located outside Bavaro Area, a $10 extra fee will be charge)
How can I pay?
We only accept credit card payments. All prices listed have taxes included. Please note that all prices are listed in US Dollars and will be charged to your credit card as such. We are not responsible for exchange rates or international fees that your credit card provider may charge to you.
Cash and Currency Exchange
Do I have to change dollars into local currency?
It’s therefore preferable to always have some local currency on hand. Most stores/places will accept US dollars but at a much lower exchange rate. You are best off withdrawing money in local currency from an ATM machine or exchanging US dollars for local currency pesos..
Why do I need to bring cash along our excursions?
While you are not required to carry cash along on a tour especially in large amounts, we do recommend that you bring a small amount for the following reasons:
- You may wish to purchase pictures taken through the course of the tour by professional photographers.
- There are some tours that will stop at local gift shops where you may purchase Dominican souvenirs.
- There may have been times when your tour guide or members of the excursion team provided outstanding service, and you are willing to tip them at the end of the day.
Do all excursions include a round-trip transportation to and from hotel?
Yes. Your roundtrip hotel transportation is included in each excursion. All tour providers have their own vehicles and drivers whose responsibility is to get you to your destination and back to your resort safely. It not only ensures you get to the right place, but you also avoid additional costs associated with taking a taxi to and from the excursion area.
Where do we meet up on the day of excursion?
Resorts have different meeting areas for excursion pickups. A detailed explanation of your tour is included in the confirmation email you will receive after booking. Pick up times varies depending on your hotel/resort location (see detailed information on each excursions)
Do I need to print my excursion confirmation?
The excursion information email you receive from us will guarantee your tour confirmation, but it is advisable to print a copy to present to your driver upon pick up. This helps avoid confusion and ensures you are travelling with the right vehicle and supplier. The information on a mobile device will also be accepted if you do not wish to print your reservation confirmation.
Can I cancel my paid excursion?
Cancellations MUST be made 24 hours in advance of the scheduled pick up time. Beyond this time no refund will be made unless accompanied by a medical certificate from a qualified physician stating the validity of the reason for which you cannot receive the reserved excursion or service.
What if the excursion is not permitted due to weather conditions?
Rain showers do happen occasionally, but they are very brief. If, however, your excursion is postponed due to weather conditions, you can reschedule your trip to another date. In the unlikely event that rescheduling is not possible, we will refund your excursion/s.
I missed the excursion, can I get a refund?
Excursions fee are non-refundable if you do not appear for your tour. The only way we can process a refund in case of a no show, will be if a valid medical certificate is presented.
I want to change a tour/excursion I booked. Is it possible?
Any changes to the date and/or time must comply with the following requirements:
- Change requests must be made more than 24 hours in advance.
- Any alterations on your original booking will incur a $10 change fee.
Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in the Dominican Republic?
- Both PCR and antigen testing are available from a variety of private laboratories and facilities. The U.S. Embassy has prepared a list of private testing providers in the Dominican Republic. Local service providers can administer a COVID-19 test, with results typically available within 72 hours. Please note the test must be a viral test (PCR or antigen) and NOT an antibody test. The Embassy cannot administer or pay for tests. The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability, reputation, or quality of services provided by the entities on this list. Some resorts and hotels may offer testing onsite as well as some clinics or labs on this list may offer “home visits” at an additional cost. Please contact your hotel or the laboratory directly for details.
Are vaccines available in the Dominican Republic for U.S. citizens to receive?
Yes. Sinovac, AstraZeneca and Pfizer
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?
No. COVID-19 rapid tests are performed on randomly selected travelers upon arrival. Temperature checks may be implemented on arrival or departure by Dominican authorities.
Is curfew in place? Any movement restrictions?
Yes. Curfew in the Dominican Republic currently varies by province, full details can be found at Coronavirus Information – GoDominicanRepublic.com . Failure to follow the curfew, including for U.S. citizens, may result in arrest and/or fines.
The curfew in the Dominican Republic is strictly enforced. U.S. citizens who must travel during curfew hours for international travel may be asked to show their passport, ticket, and travel itinerary to authorities to be allowed to continue to the airport.
*Social distancing protocols have been established for a variety of activities and masks are required by law in public spaces and transportation.
What are the safety measures for excursions and tours?
- Prior to boarding any excursion transport, all passengers will have their temperature taken.
- Reduced vehicle occupancy to 50% to create a safe distance between travelers
- The use of masks is mandatory for all public transport.
- Designating one-way routes to avoid cross-traffic.
- Thoroughly sanitizing all equipment that customers come into contact with (including reins, harnesses, helmets, vests, tanks, masks, paddles, etc.) before and after use.
- Ensuring that established distances between activities are maintained.